Saturday, May 17, 2008

Smashout Saturday?

So I was supposed to put a new build up last night but I fell asleep. I had to fly to Chicago this last week to find a place with my fiance for which I can live and play my xbox. So I was pretty tired by Friday when Scott picked me up and brought me back to HQ to get caught up. So sorry for the new build being late, but at least its here.

Smashout Alpha 4.0 (ignore the fact that there is no 2.0 or 3.0) has some cool new features but most of it is actually just changing of fixing how we did things in Alpha. You'll notice that all menus in game are all not those cheezy slide down images and have been replaced by menus similar to what you find outside of the game. We've also updated the particle effects to include some new suprises. Grandma Power also warps sounds now too (even music).

As far as gameplay, Tilting has been officially fixed (at least I'm pretty damned sure this time!). We've also made Grandma Power limited. You will notice a bar on the left side that will go down as you hold the spacebar. You'll have to let it go for a bit in order to gain it back. There is also a new ball counter on ther right. Every time you get 10 multiplier points in a row (no color changing or ball loses) you will get a ball back (up to 5). We have also thrown in levels 3 and 5 (designed by the Grand Master Franklin Ludgood himself).

So download and boot it up and as always, hit us up with your thoughts at whiteboardlogic@gmail.com!

No comments: