Friday, June 6, 2008

What is going on!?

Hey hey everyone.

I know its been a while (notice the space a while) since any of us have posted. I'd figured I'd take some time out this evening to give a well deserved update to you, the loyal followers of Smashout.

So first off you'll notice a new build is available over on the side there. Go ahead and download it. I triple dog dare you. There are some cool new features in this version. I think we have finally found a control scheme that will make most people happy. For those who are intrested, this one is called "Quadrant Spin." We have also ramped the SHAT out of what happens when you beat a level. Seriously, give it a whirl, I think you'll like it.

We have also added several new levels. So do yourself a robot rocking favor and get out there and download it!

Now, to continue:

Development has been going smoothly for the most part. The team has been putting in several hard hours and we have become absolutely focused on "the little things." This means that we include new features but they are designed only to accent and fix primary features. This usually includes more transitions or accompanying audio/visual assets.

What is kind of funny about the little things is that I've become very obsessed with them. When I started at Full Sail I was very much focused on tech but now I find myself spending all my time planning fade ins and fade outs for every little thing.

No comments: