Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Of Mice and rotation...

So I've been facing some issues with mouse movement and paddle rotation. The first version had the player click and dragging left/right and the paddle rotation counter-clockwise / clockwise. This started generating some issues with a few "testers' where they would click and move and the their expected rotation was based on where they dragged relative to where they clicked.

The current iteration is now supporting it but has definite issues. Some people get it and love it but these are usually people who played the first version. New users are quicker to point out flaws. Dang nabit...testing is a complicated mistress.

1 comment:

Casey said...

So playing the newest PoC build things are looking (and sounding! GOoooooooo Grant!) good.

In regards to the controls specifically, I find myself wanting to be able to spin the paddles much faster than I'm currently able to. IE very rapid mouse movements still yield relatively slow paddle movement. It's gonna take a lot more tweaking I'm sure but so far ('incredible machine' level aside) I've always finished every level I sit down to play!